Hi -
I have parallels running on a recent MacBook Intel, with 2gigs of Ram and 10.5.4. I have a Windows XP virtual machine that was running really well until this morning. This morning we started Parallels and it told us we had and upgrade, which we attempted to do. Unfortunately the MacBook had run out of disc space and the upgrade failed. It downloaded, but did not apply properly.
We fixed the disc space problem, downloaded the upgrade again and applied it. Now the virtual machine will not start.
If we double click a shortcut to the virtual machine it returns error number 43. I can't find a place to look that up.
If we start parallels, select this virtual machine and click start it goes to the Windows DOS screen, checks memory then tries to boot from disc and hangs.
I'm kind of afraid to use the repair (http://kb.parallels.com/en/5138) procedure except as a last resort as I'm not at all sure what that will do to the data this machine has. Is there a different less invasive method to fix this?
I do have a complete backup of this Mac run within the last day or so. I could restore the virtual machine image file couldn't i? What is that file named and where would I find it?
I have parallels running on a recent MacBook Intel, with 2gigs of Ram and 10.5.4. I have a Windows XP virtual machine that was running really well until this morning. This morning we started Parallels and it told us we had and upgrade, which we attempted to do. Unfortunately the MacBook had run out of disc space and the upgrade failed. It downloaded, but did not apply properly.
We fixed the disc space problem, downloaded the upgrade again and applied it. Now the virtual machine will not start.
If we double click a shortcut to the virtual machine it returns error number 43. I can't find a place to look that up.
If we start parallels, select this virtual machine and click start it goes to the Windows DOS screen, checks memory then tries to boot from disc and hangs.
I'm kind of afraid to use the repair (http://kb.parallels.com/en/5138) procedure except as a last resort as I'm not at all sure what that will do to the data this machine has. Is there a different less invasive method to fix this?
I do have a complete backup of this Mac run within the last day or so. I could restore the virtual machine image file couldn't i? What is that file named and where would I find it?