RAS Web Portal - installation issue (ASP.NET)

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by LukasH1, Mar 14, 2016.

1. LukasH1

LukasH1 Bit poster

Hello community!
    First of all, i want to excuse my english writing. If you don't understand something, just ask me and i try to explain.

I have to test the Parallels Application Server for our company. For that test, i've tried to install the Web Portal on an Web Server (Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter). So i've installed also the complete Net.Framework 3.5 & 4.5-Roles (incl. ASP.NET) as requested. After that i've tried to install die Application Server, but the installation stopped with the issue: "Please install the ASP.NET-Role". I've tried to install ASP.NET manually, but it didn't work. The Windows-Event Viewer shows also an issue, but it doesn't give any clue.

If anyone of you had any experience with the same issue, i am pleased, if you can help me. Thank you in advance!

Greetings
    Lukas

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Greeting Lucas,
    Hope you are doing well.

As for the case you described it seems that the server in question simply lacks sufficient prerequisites for RAS Web Portal installation.
    Please review the following article and make sure that all components required for RAS Web Portal are in place:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/123430

As for ASP.NET Role - this is a Windows feature and should be installed and configured on the server in order to have Web Portal up and running. If it can not be installed on the server for some reason I would suggest you to browse Microsoft Technet for a probable solution.

As soon as all the prerequisites are in place Web Portal should be installed properly.

Have a nice day!

3. LukasH1

LukasH1 Bit poster

Hello Valentin,
    thanks for your help! I've found a solution for my problem. It was simply a little misstake of me, because i missed an installation option for ASP.NET.

Greetings
    Lukas

4. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Hey Lucas,
    Good news that you got it up and running. Hope you will have positive experience with Remote Application Server.
    Wish a nice day!