RDP Acceleration

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by abpsupport, Dec 1, 2009.

1. abpsupport

abpsupport Junior Member

Hi

Do you have any plans to include RDP acceleration into your product?

Regards
    Mike

2. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

HI

Rdp Acceleration might work with 2x but we don't support it.

Regards

3. gafrol

gafrol Guest

Hi,

It would be cool if you embed Ericom's Blaze client into the ThinClient OS. This would make multimedia enduser experience much better. VXL for example has jut recently announced the integration of the Blaze client into their products. The client is free and available for both Linux and Winows platforms.

What do you think ? Can you put this on the wishlist for xmas :) ?

kind rgds Roland

4. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Hi,

With regards to RDP Acceleration we shall support the official form when fully implemented by Microsoft.
    there are many protocol tuning and enhancing technologies, but the one that has the board game in RDP is definitely the Microsoft One. Since it will be an "automatic" update to our Application server, there is no point in pursuing other technologies.

I don't know if you are aware of it, but just for clarity Microsoft has purchased a company called Calisto a while ago that has apparently implemented massive improvements including Host side rendering , smart action capture , Virtual GPUs and compression on top of the RDP and it's integration with MS "should" be a winning horse.

When RDP 7 and later are fully implemented, our windows client and Application Server shall follow suit and like that customers should have a one stop shop without the need to complicatedly integrate multiple vendors unnecessarily.

re... TCOS will take some more time. Kindly do not post re TCOS in this thread.

Thanks.

5. gafrol

gafrol Guest

Thanks for the info. To my understanding there is no benefit in using RDC 7 when connecting to Windows XP ....

http://blogs.msdn.com/rds/archive/2...7-for-windows-7-windows-xp-windows-vista.aspx

In contrast other vendors RDP acceleration technologies like Ericom's Blaze also work on WXP machines.

kind rgds
    Roland

6. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

7. gafrol

gafrol Guest

Yes correct but that's just the client not the server.... You can download the RDC 7 client for WXP and connect to Windows 7 and you'll have all the joy but not the other way around....

That's were third party rdp acceleration jumps in.

kind rgds
    Roland

8. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

I am afraid so..
    You must understand that the 99% scenario of using AS is to connect from XP/vista/Win7 to a TS The important issue is serving applications.

That is a limitation of the OS services. You might hold your breath for a SP4 to include that but I wouldn't.
    I think it is already a big thing they supported XP as a client OS still for RDP 7.

9. gafrol

gafrol Guest

Yes I agree, but in our company we are using TS unfortunately on W2k3. This will prevent us from using RDP7 benfits since RDP7 is only available for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 which is not so widely spread yet.

RDP7 is not the all in one solution for rdp accceleration and has quite some requirements in order to work (OS). To me it still seems to be a legitimate request for a third party rdp client acceleration solution into TCOS which is not from MS ...

kind rgds
    Roland

10. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Move TCOS discussion to TCOS thread please.

11. Emily1

Emily1 Bit poster

I don't know if you are aware of it.