elasticmedia
Member
I recently installed an SSD drive on my mac mini quad core: I have 1 SSD drive and 1 normal platter drive. I run my OS and my applications (including parallels) on the SSD and all the data and documents on the platter drive. Right now Parallels just rockets in opening or shutting down windows 7 - windows boots up in 16 seconds. I wonder if any of you have put the virtual machine in an SSD drive. I am allocating just 1 core and 1 GB of memory to parallels and it seems to be enough (of course I am always wondering if I ought to fiddle with that). I am running my vm with the standard separation from the finder. I am just using Internet Explorer in Windows.
Also, it is annoying that after you shut down windows and quit the virtual machine, you have to quit parallels. Likewise, when toggling back and forth to the finder or other applications, it is annoying that in command-tab there are two stops for windows now: the virtual machine and parallels.
Jim
Also, it is annoying that after you shut down windows and quit the virtual machine, you have to quit parallels. Likewise, when toggling back and forth to the finder or other applications, it is annoying that in command-tab there are two stops for windows now: the virtual machine and parallels.
Jim