Recommended memory set-up to Run Vista as Gust O/S

KevinClarke

Product Expert
Dear Forum

I'm new to Parallels and recently set-up Vista business as my guest O/S. I have an an iMAC 4GB RAM 3.016GHZ and wondered what is or is there a recommended memory setting to run Vista as the guest O/S?

Many thanks for your help
Kevin
 
Hi,
Main memory:
recommended size - from 128 to 836 MB, optimal - 512
Video memory:
recommended size - from 4 to 64 MB, optimal - 16
 
Many thanks for your reponses. Just one last question on this subject. Would you expect to see any noticable performance affects on the MAC side if I altered my Main memory and video settings towards 1500 and 64mb respectively?

Regards
Kevin
 
Yes, more Memory for Windows more performance, but please note, that Leopard itself requires at least 1 gb to feel comfortable.
Many software on Mac OS can affect overall performance
 
Back
Top