refund for usb problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dmgwork, Jul 19, 2006.

1. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Let's not get into a flame war here.

You say that it clearly does not measure up to what they are advertising. Fair enough, I'll agree with you on that one - the claims they make clearly do not measure up to how the program performs. However, are many people really that naive to believe all claims made by companies? Surely you should check out the product yourself.

I still strongly disagree with your own ethics in recommending products you haven't tested to paying customers. I truly think that is indeed reprehensible. But fine, that is, quite literally, your business.

Pointing out that you've looked up what beta means really doesn't demonstrate anything. I could make the same argument to say I don't think Windows XP is ready to come of beta then. It still frequently crashes on me, it has known unrepaired bugs, it causes my whole machine to lock up sometimes. So is XP a beta product? No, it's not any more than Parallels is. The final say to a program's development stage is given by the manufacturer. If Microsoft say a product is "final" then it's final. If Parallels say a product is final then it's final. Regardless of the number of bugs, stability, etc.

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

mtroute,

You sound very much like the most intellectually gifted person on the planet.

Please share some more of your wisdom with us.

Guide us from our obtuseness, and lead us into intellectual harmony.

3. mtroute

mtroute Junior Member

The shear volume of products and solutions available in the technology world make it impossible to test or be intimately familiar with every product that comes along. I rely on a company's statements as to the capabilities of their products. If I relied only on products that I had personally assured were good products through testing then I would recommend very few products, Windows, Exchange, some Cisco gear or Qwest data lines would never be recommended for that matter..It's called sales, and it's a necessary evil.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  4. mtroute

mtroute Junior Member

Wow, did I touch a nerve? Sorry

5. constant

constant Forum Maven

Wow, did I touch a nerve? Sorry.

6. mtroute

mtroute Junior Member

blah blah blah blah...

7. joem

joem Forum Maven

This has drifted (!) way off topic.

This thread is an incredible waste of time and electrons, accomplishing nothing but stroking your egos. Please find something else to waste your time with that doesn't clutter up an otherwise useful forum.

Thanks.

8. Crazy Irving

Crazy Irving Bit poster

??? What Usb Problems ???

Not to flame or cause any shi* .

Been on 3188 parallesl and I'm using every option of USB I can think of.

Garmin GPS 18 and Garmin nüvi® 360 WORKING
    BARCODE SCANNERS 3 diffrent Brands WORKING
    Game PADS Working
    Color CALIBRATOR WORKING

my mind went blank, I don't know what seem to be the problem If I'm running a Beta of PARALLES damn it one hell of a system.

now I going to wait for the new 3.0

Cheers

Crazy Irving

9. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

these post are so old, they are without doubt refering to very old version of Parallels, where more usb problems existed.. (pre USB2 support!)

10. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Holy dead thread revival Batman!

11. AnaP

AnaP Bit poster

I think that virtual machines have already proved to be rather functional and useful. Now, I belive that the same will happen to the VR and AR applications. Yet, do you know if it is possible to install one not on a mobile phone or laptop but on a computer?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  12. PsychicR1

PsychicR1 Bit poster

So frankly I'm no fan of USB. The attempt to make so many things "Plug-and-Play" has made things extremely complex. Plus most development languages sold today do not offer straight off USB support. Typically you have to purchase a special library/driver set to get a USB device working. All languages I've had contact with allow direct access to your net port.