Reg. Windows 11 activation

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SrinivasS, May 31, 2022.

1. SrinivasS

SrinivasS Bit poster

Hi,
    I have installed Parallels latest version yesterday as a 14 day trial on my m1 mac. The Windows 11 OS installed automatically as part of the package, which is cool. Now, there is a message on screen to activate Windows. I dont see any activate button, but there is a link to Microsoft Store, with options to buy online. My question is if its a insider (ARM)version, do I have to pay? Is it recommended by Parallels to buy Windows 11 OS from Store, Im not sure whether it is ARM version?
    Please advise.

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, click the Start or Windows button (usually in the lower-left corner of your computer screen). Right-click Computer and choose Properties from the menu. The resulting screen shows the Windows version. You need to purchase a Windows activation key to keep using your Windows virtual machine. Kindly check the Windows version and accordingly get the activating key from Microsoft.

3. MarisA1

MarisA1 Bit poster

The Win 11 Pro build number I have is 22621.1. (Version 22H2), not 22000.xxx.
    Can this build be updated with a soon to be purchased Win 11 retail key? How about OEM?
    Thanks.