Last week, I accidentally opened a screenshot taken by the Parallels toolbox while the VM was booted down. The machine froze while trying to boot and access the screenshot. I restarted and 'repaired' the machine several times but it appears there was fatal corruption of some DLL files. Several Windows applications no longer function properly so I tried to reset and refresh the install from the Windows. Refresh/Restore/Reset fails in each attempt.
I have decided that I need to start fresh and reinstall Windows 10 but can't do that either. I tried downloading Windows 10 through Parallels and activating with my Windows license but I get a message that license is in use (this after the first VM is removed from Parallels). Is it possible to force Parallels to update and overwrite an existing Windows installation? Is there another option I'm not considering?? I'm close to giving up on Parallels completely...
I have decided that I need to start fresh and reinstall Windows 10 but can't do that either. I tried downloading Windows 10 through Parallels and activating with my Windows license but I get a message that license is in use (this after the first VM is removed from Parallels). Is it possible to force Parallels to update and overwrite an existing Windows installation? Is there another option I'm not considering?? I'm close to giving up on Parallels completely...