reload Mac OS, lost boot camp partition

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BenG1, Oct 26, 2016.

1. BenG1

BenG1 Bit poster

I had a bug in my Mac. Genius determined it was not hardware and suggested he wipe the HD and reload OS. He asked if I had a backup of the HD. I frequently use SuperDuper to create/update a bootable image of my HD. Trouble is, I forgot that SuperDuper does not back up the Windows partition.
    So, I let him wipe my HD and reload Sierra. Big mistake! Not only did I loose my Windows partition, but most of my third party software (over 15 items). I am slowly recovering the pieces.
    I noticed there still exists an Applications(Parallels) folder on my HD. It contains three folders. Two have the same name "My Boot Camp Applications" containing 282 files (dated 10-11-16), the other containing 170 files(dated 3-27-14). I presume I should delete the older one, but I am a little skittish right now. The files inside contain numerous Microsoft Office apps and Windows Repair Disc.app, Windows System Restore.app, Windows Opperating System.app, etc.
    The third folder is "Ubuntu Linux 14.04 Desktop Applications".
    My question is - is there a way to reestablish a Boot Camp partition and get Windows 10 and Linux running again from the files in the Applications(Parallels) folder?

2. Hello BenG1, if you were using Parallels Desktop virtual machine by imported Bootcamp partition then there is no way you can recover your actual Windows partition on your Mac using this folder.