Renew Account and License Key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GabrielP13, May 31, 2023.

1. GabrielP13

GabrielP13 Bit poster

Hi, I am trying to install a fresh new version of Parallels on a computer that already had a Parallels installation.
    It was from a friend of mine and now I need to have a free 14 days trial installed on it.
    I am not able to do it because the old installation is always pushing me to the expired license withouth giving me any other chance than buying the license.
    I need to have the free trial first to understand if it is in line with what I want.

How can I defintely remove the account and installation from this computer?

In the attachments what I get when running "prlsrvctl info --license" on my MacBook Pro.
    Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Apparently this Mac was using the trial version of Parallels Desktop earlier, so you cannot use the trial period.

3. LindseyCMoore

LindseyCMoore Bit poster

Hello! To completely remove Parallels from your computer, you can follow these steps:

1. First, uninstall Parallels from your computer using the standard uninstallation process.
    2. Next, delete all files and folders related to Parallels from your computer. This includes the application folder, preferences folder, and any other related files.
    3. Finally, remove any Parallels registry entries from your computer. This can be done using a registry cleaner tool.