Repair disk errors

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Roy3, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Roy3

Roy3 Bit poster

I have just downloaded parallels update, since this every time I try and start windows 10 it automatically goes into repair mode with this message;'
    Repairing disk errors, this might take over an hour to complete. I have left this running over night but still no change. I have tried every thing including phoning Apple support without any joy. Please could someone help as I am starting to pull out my hair.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Roy3,
    System File Checker is a utility available in Windows 10 that checks for system file corruption. It's recommended for advanced users. To run it:
    Select Start, and in the search box, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.
    Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

3. Roy3

Roy3 Bit poster

Thanks for your reply
    After speaking with Apple support and them checking the disk was OK on the Mac, then speaking with Microsoft support, it was of the opinion that the version of windows installed in Paralles was corrupt. I downloaded a new version of Windows 10 using the original Key Code, also reinstalled the only program used in Windows Iris paymaster. After checking this had solved the problem I put the old Winows 10 into the trash bin. Fortunately all backup files had been stored in the shared cloud folder so no data was lost. Now all is working and I can strart regrowing my hair.

4. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello Roy3, glad to hear that you have resolved the issue. Thank you. We are always here to help you. Thanks, Shathish