Repetitive and annoying registration nag window

sparker

Member
I'm getting a registration nag almost every time I run a properly registered and licensed copy of Parallels 3.0 b5584.

Here's my "About Parallels" and "Nag dialog". Has anybody else seen this nag? Getting tired of it? Why is it showing up, when Parallels is already licensed and registered?

If I click on the link, it's takes me to my "profile" on the parallels site...

Steve

I had to convert the nag.png to .jpg because there's a limit of 19k on png files (that's unbelievably small). What's funny is that it lets me upload a 120k jpg file, when the original png was only 30k and it would have saved a LOT of space on your servers...
 

Attachments

  • About.jpg
    About.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Nag.jpg
    Nag.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 19
John,

What I did was click on the button which launched a browser, logged in as me to your website, took no other actions at all, and haven't been nagged about it since (the last time was probably about 2 weeks ago.) I do launch the VM machine about once every day, and if I see it happen again, I'll open a ticket for it.

Steve
 
I've also have started getting the same registration nag starting this month. My copy of parallels is already properly registered (has been for months).

I finally went ahead and clicked the "register" button, which brought me to the website. I logged-in. Didn't re-register. Will wait to see if it prompts me again.
 
John,

What I did was click on the button which launched a browser, logged in as me to your website, took no other actions at all, and haven't been nagged about it since (the last time was probably about 2 weeks ago.) I do launch the VM machine about once every day, and if I see it happen again, I'll open a ticket for it.

Steve

Thanks, we will try to answer it as soon as possible
 
Well, it's happening again. I had a guest OS open, checked for updates from the Parallels Help menu. Response was that an update was available. Then the prompt to register appeared.

Went ahead and clicked the register button this time, and have re-registered the product (again). Noticed the Mac OS Leopard message, and have downloaded the updater. Hopefully this will fix the problem, and maybe the annoying video flashing/flicker issue problem too (which just started last week).
 
We are checking situation on our side and with ISPs, we found several problems and working to resolve them, meanwhile
Please download build 5608 following link bellow:
http://download.parallels.com/v3/en/GA/Parallels-Desktop-5608-Mac-en.dmg

Suffering from this problem now, after 'downgrading' from V4-V3. I have tried to register, and my V3 licence key (which validates the product) fails to validate on the website. Of course I can't request help, as I can't register...
 
Back
Top