Replace Generic Non-PnP Monitor driver

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LazyA, Mar 12, 2017.

1. LazyA

LazyA Bit poster

Hi there. I just recently purchased a Dell P2715Q as an external monitor for my early 2011 MacBookPro and was wondering if it was possible to replace the driver within the Display Adapter Properties with the new monitor driver?

The reason I ask is that for some reason the Dell Display Manager software that came with the monitor doesn't recognise the monitor as being a Dell product. I am assuming that is because what it is seeing is the 'virtual generic monitor' on the Mac?

I had hoped the was a Knowledgebase article on it but I couldn't find anything helpful.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi LazyA, could you try to switch from "Scaled" into "Best for external displays" and let us know how it works. Parallels Tools has it own drivers for Audio which "Parallels WDDM video driver" and if you have uninstalled, you may loose display functionality in Parallels Desktop.

3. SSS1

SSS1 Bit poster

I have the same problem. the external monitor seems to be "Generic Non-PnP Monitor", and when I execute dell display manager or firmware update tool it fails with the error that there is no dell monitor connected. Tried to install dell drivers but didnt help

4. ChristopherR11

ChristopherR11 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am dealing with the same issue here regarding the Dell Display Manager. Is there a way for my Windows 10 to recognize my Dell 4317q monitor? Can we modify the "generic Non-PnP Monitor driver" with Dell's driver? Please advise ASAP.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know how your Dell monitor is connected to the Mac.

6. MagnusC

MagnusC Bit poster

Also dealing with the same issue, "Please connect a supported dell monitor". I'm a connected via HDMI. Any success with this problem?

7. BrunoG4

BrunoG4 Bit poster

I have the same issue with Parallels 16, using windows 11 preview, macbook air m1 and a Dell monitor connected via displayport to USB-c cable. Dell app can't find the monitor and the windows driver is the Generic Non-Pnp. Can't update drivers.

8. Hi, could you collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here please?

9. BrunoG4

BrunoG4 Bit poster

Sure ! I just sent the report 374786853.

10. HubertZ

HubertZ Bit poster

Is there a solution now? Got the same problem with my DELL S3422DWG. Would you like Parallels to comment on that? MacBook Pro 15 (2017) Parallels Desktop 17

hubi