Request : Compatibiliy Status?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Young, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Young

Young Bit poster

I know this should be posted on Windows guest OS forum, but I'll post it here since this is also a "request," not just a one-time question.

Basically, we have 3 factors when talking about compatibility: macOS version (10.14.1 being the latest), PD version (14.1) and guest OS (which in most cases is Windows 7 or 10. And in the case of 10, you have another version breakdown; 1803, 1809, etc.) Because you have that third factor (guest OS), there is that feeling/fear that updating any one of the 3 to the latest might break compatibility. For instance, say I was using macOS 10.13/PD13/Windows 10 1803. When macOS 10.14 is released, I get nervous that PD13 might not work well. Or I might be using macOS 10.14/PD14/Windows 10 1803. Now that Windows 10 1809 is released to the public, I would like to update my guest OS, but I have no idea if it'll work or not.

So, what I would like to request is a compatibility chart or matrix, that clears shows if each combination was tested by you guys and works without issues. This should be updated continuously.

On the macOS factor, you should have the 3 latest versions; macOS 10.14.x, macOS 10.13.x, macOS 10.12.x
    On the PD factor, you should have the 2 latest versions; PD 14.x and PD 13.x
    On the guest OS factor, you should have all the guest OSes you claim to work, and specifically for Windows 10, the biannual versions and not just a vague "Works with Windows 10"

If this is too big a request, then I'll just simply ask if macOS 10.14.1/PD14.1/Windows 10 1809 works without issues or not.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Young,
    You can check the compatibility of macOS and Parallels Desktop here. Parallels Desktop 14 is compatible with macOS X Mojave and Windows 10 1809. If you have previous Windows build, you can update to latest build after taking a snapshot as a precaution.