Request: Paralells Tools for Ubuntu 12.10, specifically Xorg core version 1.13.0

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by millix, Sep 15, 2012.

1. millix

millix Junior Member

Would like to see a build of prlvideo_drv.so that is for the xserver version 1.13.0 build that is included in the upcoming Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal release. Beta just went out the door here recently, so 1.13.0 is the version of xserver-xorg-core that will be in the final.

All other drivers seem to build just fine including the kmods for linux kernel 3.5.0-14.

2. HeshamW

HeshamW Bit poster

I second that! 12.10 should be official in 4 more days so hopefully we can get 3D/hardware accelerated X soon.

3. paraNix

paraNix Member

any word up Parallels working properly with 12.10 yet, as VMware already does :-\

4. millix

millix Junior Member

Bump

I asked for this OVER 2 MONTHS ago, any news? It has apparently been updated in Parallels 8...

5. millix

millix Junior Member

Work-around Solution for Ubuntu 12.10

For those of you on 12.10 that are trying to use the 1.13 Xorg version, you can add the "precise" (a.k.a. 12.04) repos to your /etc/apt/sources.list file (just duplicate the "quantal" lines you have and change quantal -> precise). in order to DOWNGRADE Xorg to version 1.11 along with the dozen or so dependencies. It does work, I'm currently still running 1.11 core Xorg. I.e., I did not do a complete upgrade from 12.04 (precise) to 12.10 (quantal) because of this issue.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  6. TresF...

TresF... Bit poster

You will need to purchase Parallels 8 in order to get the tools to work with 12.10 since it comes with the newer version of Parallels Tools.

A work-around until you are able to upgrade:

1. Download the trial of ParallelsDesktop-8.x.xxxxx.xxxxxx.dmg.
    2. Extract dmg with 7-zip or equivalent.
    3. Locate 2.hfs
    4. Extract 2.hfs with 7-zip or equivalent
    5. Navigate to \Parallels Desktop.app\Contents\Resources\Tools\
    6. Use prl-tool-lin.iso. Attach this as a virtual CD-ROM in Parallels. Install the tools as you would normally.

-Tres

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  7. millix

millix Junior Member

Works for me.