[Request] Separate CPU / Network throttling

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnA24, Jan 15, 2020.

1. JohnA24

JohnA24 Bit poster

When using Windows 10 VMs on my MacBook with the slider under 'Options' -> 'Optimisation' set to 'No Limit' the network performance under the guest is unrestricted and the speeds are great, with the slider set to 'Medium' the network performance is completely crippled, it is capped to around 100kb/s and is basically unusable for downloading even smaller files.

I understand that this is intended behaviour but I would like to request that the CPU and Networking portions of this slider be separated in order to maintain networking performance while still limiting CPU usage (and therefore system heat / noise).

It seems that with the slider set to 'No Limit' my MacBook sits at the highest frequency available, pretty much at all times, with the slider set to 'Medium' the cpu only reaches it's max clock speed when the load warrants it. When working in the office I don't want to distract my coworkers with my jet engine laptop fans, however, I would still like to be able to download large files quickly as I frequently have to do.

I'd appreciate it if you guys would consider implementing this suggestion.

TimW7 likes this.