Required Versions

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by gmitch64, Jan 21, 2010.

1. gmitch64

gmitch64 Guest

We're still running client version 7.3 (753). Do we need to be running a version 8 client for these to work? Does the server need to be V8 too?

I've tried running the info.vbs script on Windows XP SP3, and I'm getting these errors...

[D 00/00000018] Thu Jan 21 13:05:53 2010 - Failed to open Service 2X Publishing
    Agent (0x00000424) The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

[D 00/00000018] Thu Jan 21 13:05:53 2010 - Failed to open Service 2X SecureClien
    tGateway (0x00000424) The specified service does not exist as an installed servi
    ce.
    E:\Work\AdminScripts\2XScripting\Samples\VBScript\Simple\info.vbs(6, 1) (null):
    System error

I'm also having issues registering TuxScripting.dll on Windows Vista x64 - is it compatible with this OS? I don't see any mention of which OSs are supported.

Also, is there a newer release of the SDK since the initial July release?

Thanks

G

2. gmitch64

gmitch64 Guest

> Errors that you see it is because you trying to use server side scripting
    >on your client machine. 2XScripting component is for server management only.

So the scripts can only be ran on one of the gateway servers? Is there any way that they can run on workstations? I was looking to write some management scripts that the IS admins could run on their workstations to see which servers and/or apps etc a client user was using.

Graham

3. Hello gmitch64,
    yes we support feature to access remote servers from any machine using 2XScripting.

For example if you want to use that small "info.vbs" sample with remote server, you
    should add to script following line:
    objSystem.Connect "myserver", 0, "administrator", "password"
    before
    objSystem.LoadSettings
    where "myserver" - gateway to access, "administrator", "password" - credentials of user with admin rights.

For more information refer to 2XScripting.chm from Documentation folder.

4. gmitch64

gmitch64 Guest

> objSystem.Connect "myserver", 0, "administrator", "password"

That worked great - thanks.

Is there any way to use passthru authentication, rather than either embedding it into a script, or prompting the user for a password? I've had a read thru the docs, and can't see any mention.

I've also got a problem reading the Doc file on XP SP3, but I can read it find under Windows.

Graham