Resolution is always wrong when starting up Parallels 13 on High Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Navitas, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Navitas

Navitas Bit poster

Hi There

I have been running Parrallels 13 on my machine for a few days, but now have upgraded to High Sierra and now each and every time I launch my Windows VM the resolution is off. The screen looks like the below

[​IMG]

So I get those horrible black bars on either side and I have to adjust the resolution to a different size, and then back to my normal size in order for it to no longer looked squished.

For my Parallels settings, I have the Graphics set to Scaled Resolution and this problem is occuring on my Laptop screen, not my external screen (I have an Apple Cinema Thunderbolt Display plugged in and everything set to full screen and use all screens in full screen mode).

This is a very annoying process I have to go through each time I start up my VM (daily) so could really do with a fix please.

Cheers
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. Navitas

Navitas Bit poster

I just tried this again with the setting 'Best fo External Displays' and it made no difference :(

3. YvesR2

YvesR2 Bit poster

I get a screen resolution problem too, only one screen resolution : 1024x768, on an iMac 5K 27" + High Sierra.
    Best Regards
    Yves

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Navitas , please try Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools and let us know if that works.

5. BillP4

BillP4 Bit poster

I have the same issue. Resolution is 1024X758, and it's the only option. I've reinstalled Parallels tools 3 times, no change. I altered the config, and allowed for 1Gig of gfx memory, no change. Also noted that there is a yellow triangle with ! in the High Sierra title bar. It doesn't go away, and shows the "Install Parallels Tools" option.

Attached Files: