Resume Mac from Sleep and Parallels Guest is 'Unknown' (?)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by William Fulmer, Jul 21, 2016.

1. William Fulmer

William Fulmer Junior Member

Two times now in the last week, I have resumed my MacBook Pro Retina from sleep and upon browsing to my Windows 10 VM, it is unavailable with a red question mark and no ability to manage the machine. (Note: this is the only VM that was currently powered on).

Both the full screen view, along with control center show that red question mark.
    My only choice with the machine is to 'remove'.

I have to force-kill the VM in Activity Monitor, quit the application of Parallels and reopen.
    Upon this, it launches fine.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @William Fulmer,
    The question mark appears if the virtual machine instance on the control centre cannot find the mapped hardisk file inside the .pvm file. Remove any existing virtual machine instance on the Parallels Desktop control centre, but choose to 'keep the files'.
    Locate your virtual machine file and double click to open it. This will start a new instance of the virtual machine on the control centre. Let us know if the question mark appears again and we will investigate it further.