Right-click / Secondary click stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JustinE3, Feb 12, 2017.

1. JustinE3

JustinE3 Bit poster

I edited the settings for mouse clicks to change it to just control instead of control-shift, and now it won't right-click in Windows. What's worse, even if I switched it back to control-shift, now even that doesn't work - so I've completely lost all right-clicking ability. I've tried restarting the VM and the whole machine.

MikeS42 likes this.
  2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi JustinE3,
    Go to Parallels Preferences -> Shortcuts -> Mouse Shortcuts -> Secondary click and check whether it is enabled. If the issue persists, click on "Restore Defaults" and let us know how it works.

3. ChrisC57

ChrisC57 Bit poster

I am seeing the same problem. Restore Defaults does not appear to do anything.

MikeS42 likes this.
  4. TonyP10

TonyP10 Bit poster

I also have this same problem. :(

5. FaustoL

FaustoL Bit poster

I also have the same problem, and restore defaults is not working...

6. Krysalisco

Krysalisco Bit poster

I see the same problem. Restore Defaults do not seem to do anything....

7. Dean13

Dean13 Bit poster

I am facing the same issue with a 20.04 linux guest on a ARM M1 parallels desktop 17.

The restore defaults button does not restore the defaults. Changing the shortcut to something else does not work either.

Occasionally it starts working after alternating the settings, but this itself does not guarantee it too work.

The latest parallels tools is installed although this should not affect the mouse clicking as that should happen on the host os level.

MikeS42 likes this.
  8. MikeS42

MikeS42 Bit poster

Also have this problem using Windows 11.

As same as above, I've tried restoring defaults and changing the shortcut to something else. Neither worked.

Now I am stuck without a right click...

9. MelodyS1

MelodyS1 Bit poster

Hi All!!!

I came across this same issue as a new user and found the solution after some digging.
    I am on an iMac desktop 2020 and using the Parallels Desktop App Store Edition.
    Open the "Parallels Desktop" application you downloaded and you will see that Windows 11 opens.

From the top main menu:
    ACTIONS > CONFIGURE > "Windows 11" Configuration window will open.
    Within the ""Windows 11" Configuration" window:
    HARDWARE > MOUSE & KEYBOARD > Open Shortcuts Preferences... > Parallels Desktop Preferences will open.
    Within the "Parallels Desktop Preferences" window:
    SHORTCUTS > MOUSE SHORTCUTS > Set your secondary and middle click preferences.
    NEXT:
    RESTART PARALLELS ONCE OR TWICE > SUCCESS!!!

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 17.57.32.png Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 17.58.14.png