Rogrbal

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rodger, Sep 8, 2010.

1. rodger

rodger Bit poster

I have Parallels installed on a Mac OS Snow Leopard, and am using Windows XP on it fine.

However I have a program (Home Design) that will not work in Parallels, but does work in Bootcamp.
    But I do not have a Bootcamp partition with Windows XP installed on my Mac.

I need to install Bootcamp on my Mac, as I understand it, to get the program to work.
    Apple says how to install a Bootcamp partition, and then to install Windows XP SP2 on it.

I already have Windows XP SP2 installed in Parallels 5.

So how do I install the Bootcamp partition and use the Windows XP SP2 that is already installed on my MAC???
    --------------------------------
    When I tried to install the (Home Design) program, I could see the D drive before starting the installation, yet during the install, the D drive (which is/was the DVD I was installing the program from) was not visible when I went to Start/My Computer?

Would it be possible to do the install differently under Parallels. Make an image file of the Home Design DVD? And install it from there?

Or can I make a copy of the Windows XP SP2 System and transfer it over the the Bootcamp partition created under MAC OS Snow Leopard?