I have a Mac Pro 4,1 that I would like to operate 3D programs while the machine's account the Parallels user has is logged out.
For example, I turn on the machine and get the Mac login screen. I ssh into the Mac Pro from another machine as the Parallels user. ("ssh parallels@mac-pro.local"). I then start up my 3D guest Windows 7. ("prlctl start 3dguest") I VNC into the guest machine, and try to run my 3D program, and it doesn't load. It just sits at 100% CPU according to Windows. So I shut it down (Start -> Shut Down from VNC).
Here's the weird part, I can just simply physically login into the machine. Start up the VM from ssh remotely ("prlctl start 3dguest") and the 3D app runs fine.
If I physically logout of the machine, but keep the remote Parallels VM open, (Remember, I never actually opened the "Parallels Desktop" application, just logged in.) then the 3D straight-up crashes. (The instruction at 0xXXXXXXXXX referenced memory at 0x0000000. The memory could not be read.) Also the Console shows this:
[pre]Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid display
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid context
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid display
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid context
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid display
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid context[/pre]
And looks to be Cider errors.
Basically I'd like the Mac Pro to be useful for other people to be logged in and working on things while I can remotely boot up a test environment to do 3D work.
For example, I turn on the machine and get the Mac login screen. I ssh into the Mac Pro from another machine as the Parallels user. ("ssh parallels@mac-pro.local"). I then start up my 3D guest Windows 7. ("prlctl start 3dguest") I VNC into the guest machine, and try to run my 3D program, and it doesn't load. It just sits at 100% CPU according to Windows. So I shut it down (Start -> Shut Down from VNC).
Here's the weird part, I can just simply physically login into the machine. Start up the VM from ssh remotely ("prlctl start 3dguest") and the 3D app runs fine.
If I physically logout of the machine, but keep the remote Parallels VM open, (Remember, I never actually opened the "Parallels Desktop" application, just logged in.) then the 3D straight-up crashes. (The instruction at 0xXXXXXXXXX referenced memory at 0x0000000. The memory could not be read.) Also the Console shows this:
[pre]Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid display
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid context
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid display
Wed Sep 22 20:16:03 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid context
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(2)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: (ipc/send) invalid destination port: CGSColorProfileCreateWithColorProfileID: Cannot resolve color profile id(3)
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid display
Wed Sep 22 20:16:04 Mac-Pro.local prl_vm_app[23772] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid context[/pre]
And looks to be Cider errors.
Basically I'd like the Mac Pro to be useful for other people to be logged in and working on things while I can remotely boot up a test environment to do 3D work.