Running a 32 bit app under the next 64 bit OS

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BrianT5, Jun 16, 2019.

1. BrianT5

BrianT5 Bit poster

I've been using Parallels on my MacBook Pro for years because I have a super Windows program for duplicating the DVDs I make. In my workflow, prior to duplication, I've been using the Mac version of Adobe's Encore for authoring the DVDs but recently my Mac's been telling me that soon, with the next major update from Apple, I won't be able to run it anymore because it's a 32 bit app. I know I could 'learn' another DVD authoring program (probably Vegas DVD Architect although that only runs under Windows) but if possible I'd like to stay with old familiar Encore.

I think I read somewhere that I could create a virtual machine on my Mac that would fool Encore into thinking it was running under a 32 bit OS when in fact it would be, later this year, a 64 bit OS but I can't find the details now.

Is it true, could I do this? Is there something written down somewhere that explains in reasonable detail how to set this up and what additional software I'll need to buy? I'm not trying to find a free solution, just something that will make everything work when the new Apple OS gets released.

Man thanks in advance, Brian.