Running SolidWorks (Installation Problems)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jack_O'Neill, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Jack_O'Neill

Jack_O'Neill Bit poster

I have the latest version of Parallels installed on my Mac and have downloaded the SolidWorks programme to install. I have a license key through registering through my university.
    However during the installation it fails because it thinks it is not connected to the internet. This isn't the case (the internet browser and other applications work and I have tried it being connected to different networks). The message reads:

"Could not connect to the SolidWorks server to determine which products you are entitled to install.
    Check the Internet connection and click Retry if this is a temporary problem. Otherwise, you may continue without the connection if you have installation source files available on your computer already."

The only options I have are to retry (which I've done many times) or to cancel, which then requires me to have the installation files already on my computer (which I don't).
    Has anybody else encountered this problem? Other people I know of have successfully installed SolidWorks on their Windows computers and have not had this problem.

Thanks.

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Jack,
    To install Windows applications on Virtual Machine, please follow the steps given at http://kb.parallels.com/119310 and check how it goes.