A few days ago I created a problem for myself that I'm trying to correct. I was "cleaning up" some files by moving them to an external drive or in some cases deleting them. I'm not sure, but I must have moved or deleted some important Parallels files.
On my iMac I have a partition for Windows 7. It worked fine using either Boot Camp or Parallels (Boot Camp selected) until the above was done.
As a result of my mistake using the Parallels startup of Windows 7 shows that Windows is not a "legal" or registered copy. However, if I don't use Parallels and go to Windows using the normal Boot Camp startup (holding the option key), Windows is just fine.
I'm not certain how to go about fixing this - again, I'm believe it's occurring because of my mistake(s) listed above.
Should I remove Parallels and reload it? If so, how do I make certain everything (old files) gets removed?
Or should I just "kill" the existing partition and start from scratch with a new partition and then do a Windows and programs reload?
Ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
On my iMac I have a partition for Windows 7. It worked fine using either Boot Camp or Parallels (Boot Camp selected) until the above was done.
As a result of my mistake using the Parallels startup of Windows 7 shows that Windows is not a "legal" or registered copy. However, if I don't use Parallels and go to Windows using the normal Boot Camp startup (holding the option key), Windows is just fine.
I'm not certain how to go about fixing this - again, I'm believe it's occurring because of my mistake(s) listed above.
Should I remove Parallels and reload it? If so, how do I make certain everything (old files) gets removed?
Or should I just "kill" the existing partition and start from scratch with a new partition and then do a Windows and programs reload?
Ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!