Samsung ultra wide display not found

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FranciscoA5, Feb 6, 2018.

1. FranciscoA5

FranciscoA5 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm having problems with my samsung ultra wide display, CF791. It comes with a software called Easy Setting Box, to split the display into 2 monitors but I can't get it working as it says Samsung monitor not sound.

I can use the display with HDMI, I have image and sound, I just can't use the software to split the display into 2. kind the purpose of a ultra wide display.
    I went to device manager and installed the drivers, support team from samsung say the problem is the location "on parallels display adaptor (WDDM)

I'm running windows 10 and the latest parallels.
    Thanks

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hello @FranciscoA5, when it comes to external displays, you need to configure it on Mac side first, and then simply move/enable Windows 10 virtual machine window on/to its display space depending on the desired view mode (windowed, full screen or Coherence). Regrettably, it is not possible to connect an external display directly to Windows virtual machine. If 'Easy Setting Box' software is not available for macOS, then, unfortunately, you cannot split the display to two using a software in Windows virtual machine.