SAS Window: Winlogon.exe referenced memory error

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by mccleary668, Feb 15, 2008.

1. mccleary668

mccleary668 Guest

I have recently upgraded the 2XAppServer-LoadBalancer-Client on 8 Windows XP SP2 machines from 5.1.315 to 6.0.416 also enabling and utilizing the SSO option. I am now randomly on 2 of the machines getting the following SAS Window: Winlogon.exe .... referenced memory at 0x00CB535c could not be read error, at which point the machine promply displays a STOP c000021a. I have not seen this error anywhere within the organization prior to the client upgrade.

I have seen several references in other forums to a similar error but they all appear to be associated with applications in the user environment. In this situation the error occurs prior to authenticatng to the machine. The likelyhood of a virus or malware is also highly unlikely given the protection impelmented on the machines and our environment.

has anyone else experiences this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2X keep up the good work! 2X Appserver version 6 rocks!

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Could you send the entries of the following 2 registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Ginadll
    and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\TuxOldGinaDll

When are you experiencing this crash?
    1) During booting.
    2) After entering credentials.
    3) When the user is logged on?

Does the crash happen every time or occasionally?

Nixu

3. mccleary668

mccleary668 Guest

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Ginadll

"GinaDLL"="C:\\Program Files\\2X\\ApplicationServer Client\\\\TUXCredProv.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\TuxOldGinaDll

This key is not presnet.

the error occurs 1 out every 5 boots and either just before or just after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to logon; I can't remember which. I do remember that it occures before any credentials are entered.

4. chal

chal Guest

Similar problem

I have started a new topic - my problem (below) would seem to have similarities with this one, but there are also obvious differences.

I have just done a similar upgrade of the client on a similar machine XP Pro SP2 (although a dual boot Macbook), and can now not boot. Each time I get the following:

"User Interface Failure
    The Logon User Interface DLL C:\Program Files\2x\ApplicationServerClient\\TUXCredProv.dll failed to load"
    I am then told to replace or restore the original DLL and am offered a
    "Restart" button.

I can only boot into safe mode. Using MSCONFIG to do a limited boot doesn't help.

What next?

Geoff

5. nixu

nixu Guest

Re: Similar problem

Boot in safe mode and delete the registry key:

Nixu