Screen resolution frustration

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnA7, Mar 23, 2020.

1. JohnA7

JohnA7 Junior Member

Is there any possible way to get Parallels to just always use the native screen resolution of whatever monitor it is using? Not a doubling of whatever the equivalent "scaled" resolution set on the Mac is, but a pixel for pixel equivalent?

I have three screens I typically use. A 20" HD (1920x1080), a 24" 4K (3840x2160), and a 16" MacBook Pro (3072x1920). As you all know, you can adjust the size that objects appear on the screen. On the 4K screen, I have it set to "looks like" 2560x1440. BUT THE SCREEN IS STILL USING FULL 4K, it is not *actually* that resolution (thus the "looks like"). So why then does Parallels insist on changing it to (either) 2560x1440 or (when set to "retina") 5120x2880? Can't it tell that the screen is really 4K?

No matter which setting I try, scaled, external displays, or retina, when I do change the resolution (impossible in coherence, btw) the next time i restart Parallels or the screen goes to sleep or my cat burps, it goes back to the ugly, unevenly rendered fake resolution that the Mac says the screen "looks like" (but again, is not actually using).

I just want 1 pixel to equal 1 pixel. Am I missing something stupid?

2. JohnA7

JohnA7 Junior Member

Ah yes, I do remember seeing that before. Is there any way to do the equivalent when using coherence? That is unfortunately when I really need it the most.