Screen stuck at 1024*768 after upgrading to Version 17.1.3 (51565)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Gaz, May 28, 2022.

1. Gaz

Gaz Bit poster

As captioned, does anyone has the same problem.

I have Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac (Standard Edition) installed on my MacBook Pro (Intel Chip, currently running macOS Monterey). Today I updated Parallels Desktop to its latest version Version 17.1.3 (51565). Then I opened a VM (macOS Mojave 10.14), and it prompts me to update Parallels Toolbox inside the VM, I did it and restarted the VM, and then the screen was stuck on 1204*768 (not even a full screen). I spent some time on the configurations, but no luck, I tried to exit and enter full screen, and change graphics settings (more space, best for retina display, scaled), I tried all of those, still not working. To prove the problem is caused by the latest update of the parallels toolbox, I opened a second VM (macOS Catalina 10.15), before I update its toolbox to the latest, the screen is a perfect full size, right after I update the toolbox (as prompted to), then the screen stuck on 1024*768. Can anyone that encountered this issue before point me on a way to go?

The setting of my VM
    upload_2022-5-29_1-5-9.png

Thanks in advance.

Yours,
    Gaz

2. IanT5

IanT5 Bit poster

I have just updated to 17.1.3 (51565) and have run into the same problem.
    Ian Thompson

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, in order to investigate the issue further we need you to submit a Technical Data Report and provide us with its ID number. Please follow this KB article to send the report.
    NOTE: Please submit a report while reproducing the issue and provide us with generated ID number in your reply to this email. We will not be able to locate your Problem Report on the server without having its ID number.

4. Gaz

Gaz Bit poster

For anyone who might have the same issue, this is how I solved it.
    I contacted the Parallels Desktop tech support team, they told me this is a known bug. Per their suggestions. I downgraded to 17.1.2, reinstalled the toolbox and restarted the VM. That solved the problem.

5. GianlucaR1

GianlucaR1 Bit poster

Same problem here. I have not a retina display, just a standard 1920x1080 but my VM mac screen is stuck to 1024x768 too.
    No problems at all using a Windows11 VM.

6. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team