Second display appears in separate space on main display

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Lonnie J Thibodeaux, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Lonnie J Thibodeaux

Lonnie J Thibodeaux Bit poster

Running PD10 on Yosemite. Luckily I am not having major issues with displays in PD10, but I am experiencing something that is functionally incorrect and annoying. Mission Control Option "Displays Have Separate Spaces" is checked (ON). When starting a VM with the option set to "View all displays in Full Screen", the second display (external monitor) displays as a separate space on the main monitor. I have to access Mission Control (F9 or 4 finger swipe up), and drag the space containing the second display to the external monitor so it becomes a space there. After that, both displays work correctly while in the VM. To be functionally correct the space for the second display should be a space on the external monitor, not as a secondary space on the main monitor.

Hopefully someone from Parallels will read this and look into it.

Thanks
    Lonnie

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Lonnie, please go to Mac system preferences > Mission control > un check "Displays have separate spaces" > Shutdown Windows > Restar the Mac > launch Windows Virtual Machine and check if the issue still persisting.