Separate IP on Parallels from host

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LongHairedDavid, Feb 16, 2017.

1. LongHairedDavid

LongHairedDavid Bit poster

Some time ago, we had a subscription to Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition. We have five fixed external IP addresses available on our network. At that time we had one attached to the host iMac and one attached to the Windows 10 under Parallels. We let our subscription drop so went back to the standard desktop and so lost this ability. We now need it again so we have upgraded our subscription once more. However, I don't seem to be able to set the networking so that I have a fixed external IP on the Windows 10 and a different one on the host iMac.
    Can anyone point out how to do this. The support page that discusses fixed IP addresses does not fit this situation.
    David

2. KevinClarke

KevinClarke Product Expert

3. LongHairedDavid

LongHairedDavid Bit poster

I assume that I didn't - grin. I applied the IP address of the iMac wifi and the Windows vm now works fine with the address I wanted. Many thanks.

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that your network issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reach us anytime.