serious issue when using client on vista

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by hkpooh8, May 2, 2007.

1. hkpooh8

hkpooh8 Guest

application server is installed on 2003 server enterprise edition.
    it was running fine on windows xp laptop or desktop (client)

Now when we install the client on Vista it has some serious lagging issue and most of the time it just died on the TS login screen.
    Tried to run as administrator or windows xp compatable mode or using the old 4.3 version(both client and server) but non of these will work.

server is installed on 03 server enterprise
    AppServer-LoadBalancer 5 Beta Version

client installed on vista
    Win32 MSI Build 5.0.247

any soloution plesae?

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

I tried the 2X cleint version 5 on Vista and it worked fine.

What do you mean when you say that "it has some serious lagging issue" ???

Nixu

3. hkpooh8

hkpooh8 Guest

Hi,
    A lot of time it will just dead on the screen where it showing it is logging onto remote desktop or after the app launched (outlook or any program) and you clicked something, it will just freeze there to the point that you can just walkaway for 5minutes and it is still trying to process that click.

when it logging onto remote desktop, it will show that login icon piece by piece slowly (like putting puzzle together), we were thinking it was the network problem but it wasn't because it runs just fine on xp. we tested it with company network and outside internet connects and the results are the same.

4. hkpooh8

hkpooh8 Guest

we found the problem, it was the BFE....

when Base Filtering Engine is running, it will have this issue.

Now we turned BEF off but also have to turn windows firewall off, is there a way to make it work without turning them off?

5. nixu

nixu Guest

Havent seen any issues yet with BEF ...

Try to connect in SSL mode, this will not effect BEF since it makes user mode filtering.

Nixu

6. hkpooh8

hkpooh8 Guest

yes tried all mode, opened port manually in windows firewall (80 443 3389) but as long as BFE on, it will become really slow to the point that is not usable.

tried just disable windows firewall but nothing changed, had to disable both BEF and firewall then it is normal and blazing fast...
    is there anything that we suppost to adjust on BFE?

7. ddicks

ddicks Guest

Try the following.

open a command line window and enter the following

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

This worked for me I had the same issue.

8. hkpooh8

hkpooh8 Guest

cool! I will try that, Thanks!

9. hkpooh8

hkpooh8 Guest

i do that on dos prompt and it says...
    set global command failed on ipv4 the requested operation requires elevation

10. hkpooh8

hkpooh8 Guest

ok done, but still no luck, is showing disabled but still running slow.

11. domino

domino Guest

sluggishness on Vista

Did anyone else get this resolved? We are also only observing about 5-10 inresponsiveness when clicking with a mouse in the 2xapplication server client running office 2007 only on Vista - all WinXP Pro system on the same network are flying with 2x client on the terminal server.

12. Press start button and in the start search area, type cmd.

When the cmd icon appears, do not select it, but use the mouse and right click on it. Select run as administrator.

When the dos prompt appears, it has been evelated, and you can enter the command that you previously tried and it will run without error. This should fix your problem.

Scotty

13. domino

domino Guest

thanks

I just logged in as Admin and ran the command and that worked - Vista now running great with 2x - although I don't know if it's my bias towards XP but they seem to be slightly faster still ;-) Your method will work too.

Thanks Scotty