Serious issues after updating to latest Version 16.0.0 (48916)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GrantH1, Aug 15, 2020.

1. GrantH1

GrantH1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have just attempted to install the latest Parallels update and for the past 2 hours I'm not able to restart the Parallels Desktop VM. It just hangs, initially with blank screen and after 3 reboot and complete cold restarts the mouse cursor just disappears and Windows is locked out (unable to tab, alt, or start task manager to determine what's going on). I tried the 'reset' but this did nothing. I'm figuring I probably need to resort to the last known good snapshot (yesterday) but would seriously recommend not updating until Parallels support have resolved these issues.

--MacBook Pro 2018 i7, 6 core 2.2Ghz; 16GB; 500GB SSD; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

2. ReinerD1

ReinerD1 Bit poster

3. JanR1

JanR1 Junior Member

Same here.. kept freezing. This software is not fully developed and I requested a refund today. Enough of this... In parallels 15 parallels hypervisor also still not fixed. Very disappointing the whole thing

4. Hi, could you collect the tech report right after the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here.