Set fixed drive letter in Windows for USB stick

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobertN20, Dec 27, 2021.

1. RobertN20

RobertN20 Bit poster

Hello!

I use the audio player Foobar in Windows on my Mac, because with the included database you can create custom tags in the audio files and use great features in the search function.
    (Is there something like this for Mac?)

The audio files are stored on a USB stick and in order to be found by the database it must always have the same drive letter.
    Can someone please tell me how to assign a fixed drive letter to the USB stick?

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

3. RobertN20

RobertN20 Bit poster

Hello, thank you for your reply!
    Unfortunately this doesn't fix the issue. There is no problem with mounting the USB stick on the windows.
    But sometimes the drive letter change this I wish to avoid!
    Is it possible to set a drive letter in Windows using parallels and fix it, so that after every new start the drive letter is the same?
    KInd regards

4. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @RobertN20, please provide the version of the Parallels Desktop you are using.

5. RobertN20

RobertN20 Bit poster

Hello,

sorry for the late answer. I am using the test version, downloaded from your page and installed 8 days before.
    Sorry, cant find the version number.

6. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

7. RobertN20

RobertN20 Bit poster

Hello McAllen,
    Thank you very much for your reply and solution. It seems you have solved the issue.
    Gonna buy your program happily.
    All the best for you, Robert