Set new default VM Profile

beta_fhlipZero

Bit poster
When spinning up a new VM in parallels, my first steps are to switch off the:
Sharing between mac and windows / linux
set resource usage to low
Disable applications sharing
disable fullscreen
disable picture in picture
Leave clipboard sharing on
disable printer sharing
set Ethernet networking (not shared)
disable sound and camera
disable device sharing
Fire up the VM and still deny the camera and microphone access

I use parallels VMs as a sandbox 99% of the time so this is about standard across my use cases, would be really nice to have a lot of this as a new default "profile?" for any VM i spin up, then i can enable anything i want later myself
 
Hi beta_fhlipZero,

I recommend you try the VM template feature for your use case.
  1. Create a new VM with the desired settings.
  2. Select it in Control Center.
  3. In the File menu - select Convert to Template.
Now, if you need a new VM, you just click on the template and get what you want.

Let me know if it works for you.
 
ooo interesting, was not aware i could do this. just made a template of a Win11 base image and replicated it with ease, very cool! Thanks for the fast reply!
Last want would be having this on macOS VMs but I'm sure there's Monterey / M1 issues around that so I'm understanding there for sure, thanks again for the help!
 
Back
Top