setting up a new virtual machine in Windows 7 running in Parallels from Mac OS

morganc

Bit poster
It seems like a strange request to me, but I'm hoping someone may have some experience to help. I'm running Parallels 7 with Windows 7 running from the Boot Camp partitioned drive and I'm interested in setting up a virtual machine within Windows. Basically it would be a virtual machine within a virtual machine. The reason I'm doing it is so that I can run two different versions of the same software program to access different tools within the different software versions.
Has anyone set up a virtual machine from within the Windows virtual machine created by Parallels? It seems like a sketchy idea, but if I figured I see if anyone has any ideas before I try to set it up.
Thanks.
 
It' s not gonna work. You can install Parallels Workstation into you Boot Camp partition and run virtual machine being in Boot Cmap natively. When you run Boot Camp via Parallels - your virtual machine would not start. Virtual hardware cannot be virtualised on the virtual hardware.
 
Back
Top