Hello,
I make backups of my Mac with time machine to a time capsule. n order not I do not want the whole virtual machine included (48 Gb) in each back up. So I read all the information about the settings in Parallels support. However I am still a bit puzzled. So I hope you can answer the following questions.
1. In configuration/security I checked the box 'enable smart guard'. I suppose that I should not check the box 'Do not back up virtual machine' right above the enable box? And what happens if I do/don't?
2. if my settings in Parallels are correct, my second question regards the preferences of Time Machine itself: should I exclude the virtual machine in 'options' of these preferences?
Thanks in advance!
Peter Ingelse
I make backups of my Mac with time machine to a time capsule. n order not I do not want the whole virtual machine included (48 Gb) in each back up. So I read all the information about the settings in Parallels support. However I am still a bit puzzled. So I hope you can answer the following questions.
1. In configuration/security I checked the box 'enable smart guard'. I suppose that I should not check the box 'Do not back up virtual machine' right above the enable box? And what happens if I do/don't?
2. if my settings in Parallels are correct, my second question regards the preferences of Time Machine itself: should I exclude the virtual machine in 'options' of these preferences?
Thanks in advance!
Peter Ingelse