Shared clipboard is not working

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by rrobert, May 4, 2010.

1. rrobert

rrobert Bit poster

Hi, I'm installing Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and I can't copy and paste text between my Mac OS X host and Ubuntu virtual machine.
    Is this normal? What should I do to make it works?

Thanks,
    Robert

2. stewarsh

stewarsh Member

I am suffering the same problem. I have un-installed and re-installed Parallels Tools and they completed successfully. Am also running the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac.

3. gergrhbrwbw

gergrhbrwbw Bit poster

Same here

I also experience the same. After reinstalling the parallels tools it works for a while but soon it suddenly stops working.

4. gergrhbrwbw

gergrhbrwbw Bit poster

I experience the same. After reinstalling the Parallels Tools clipboard synchronization works for a while but then suddenly stops working.

5. PeterPeltonen

PeterPeltonen Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. Running Parallels 5.0.9344 Desktop for Mac on OSX 10.6.4 / new MacBook Pro (2.4GHz Core Duo) and Ubuntu 10.04 as the guest with Parallels Tools version 5.0.9344.558741 running.

After guest startup copy paste seems to work both ways ok. After a while it stops working. First I thought it stopped after I suspend the Mac, but today it happened after half an hour of guest boot without any suspending.

I have no other guests installed so cannot test with those.

Best,
    Peter

6. PaoloA

PaoloA Bit poster

+1

I'm working with the same settings of Peter and I'm experiencing the same failure. I didn't recognize any particular event related to the missing of copy/paste feature.

7. timur

timur Member

The shared clipboard support for a Linux guest has always been unreliable for me. Unfortunately, I don't really expect Parallels to fix the problem.

Maybe something like http://homepage.mac.com/bnej/shareclip/ will work.

8. JoPro

JoPro Bit poster

i recently upgraded my VM of Linux Mint 20.2 to 20.3 and found I had the same issue. I re-installed Parallels Tools in the VM (which remounted the tools installer as a virtual CD) and now my clipboard & cut/paste, drag drop are fine again https://kb.parallels.com/en/115835 - hope this works for you!