Shared folders option causing 'modified dates' of folders to change unintentionally?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ReinhardL, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ReinhardL

ReinhardL Bit poster

Recently, I have set up a new hard disk on my iMac from scratch. I have installed Parallels 10 with a Windows 8.1 license on this machine, too. Parallels is set to share folders on my Mac.

Now, rather accidentally, I found that a huge number of my personal folders and RTFD files - which I store on Dropbox - obviously have changed their "modified" date. 'Modified' dates now seem to be identical with 'last opened' dates - even though I haven't touched those folders or their contents for months or years!

This of course is absolutely annoying, because sorting by date - being my most used view in Finder for tens of years - isn't possible any more. :(
    I might have to restore from a previous backup and then try to manually find and add all documents and files I created afterwards.

However, before I take this step, I wonder if Parallel's 'share folder' setting might be able to cause such an issue? Would that make any sense? Or would I rather have to look at Dropbox' side to find a cause for this issue?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015