Shared Networking - Specify which Mac network / adapter to use

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DanielL1, May 20, 2015.

1. DanielL1

DanielL1 Bit poster

Hi,

I need to use Shared Networking with a paritcular Windows 8.1 VM, but I also have a reuqirement that it should always use my Wifi connection and not a wired connection when it is available (which is the default on my Mac).

It is possible with Bridged networking to specifiy which adapter to use, but this does not seem possible with Shared networking. Can someone let me know if this is possible, or is there a technical reason why this can not be done?

Just for background, my Mac is connected to a wired thunderbolt ethernet for general internet access / browsing, but I also have work access through a private / separate Wifi netowrk connection and I have to this as a shared network in the VM otherwise it doesn't work. When the wired network is attached, the VM always tries to use this rather than the Wifi...

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, unfortunately it is not possible in current (PD10) version of Parallels Desktop, sorry