Hi there,
I've been happily running a shared HP LaserJet P3005 in OS X and Windows XP. I seem to have changed something in the OS X system preferences, and the printer would not work anymore. I de- and reinstalled it under OS X, and there is no error message or anything, but it does not print from OS X. When I go to Windows it works as expected (only very slow).
Might be that some .plist or whatever rest of a previous OS X installation resides somewhere and makes OS X miss the newly installed printer, while Windows (where I did not change anything) still recognises it? How can I clean up and install the printer from the scratch? Even if I delete it from OS X, it is still recognised by Windows!
Thank you!
Fritz
I've been happily running a shared HP LaserJet P3005 in OS X and Windows XP. I seem to have changed something in the OS X system preferences, and the printer would not work anymore. I de- and reinstalled it under OS X, and there is no error message or anything, but it does not print from OS X. When I go to Windows it works as expected (only very slow).
Might be that some .plist or whatever rest of a previous OS X installation resides somewhere and makes OS X miss the newly installed printer, while Windows (where I did not change anything) still recognises it? How can I clean up and install the printer from the scratch? Even if I delete it from OS X, it is still recognised by Windows!
Thank you!
Fritz