Shared Profile refusing to work in Parallels 6 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cam815, Sep 17, 2010.

1. cam815

cam815 Member

I've just upgraded from Parallels 5 to 6. After getting over the "unable to install Parallels Tools" issue (thanks summitscout for your fix), my virtual machine (which was using Shared Profile perfectly fine) now refuses to load my Mac profile's desktop.

It asks me to "Connect to ./psf" on login and neither my Mac or PC credentials work. What makes NO sense is that while that dialogue is open, I can open up Windows Explorer and navigate to "Z:\Desktop" which is "Home on '.psf'", meaning my virtual machine can see my mac profile perfectly fine... it's just failing authentication to some other location it shouldn't be going to.

I've tried closing the VM, turning off Shared Profiles, restarting the VM, turning off the VM, turning Shared Profiles back on. I've also tried doing the same and Logging off my user and back on. Nothing has worked yet.

Any ideas?

2. cam815

cam815 Member

FYI this was fixed by turning off sharing completely, uninstalling Parallels Tools, restarting, reinstalling Parallels Tools (requiring the ksuser.dll trick again), then enabling sharing.