Shift Key is not passing in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JamesB7, Aug 11, 2017.

1. JamesB7

JamesB7 Bit poster

Hello,

Using Synergy to pass my mouse and keyboard to another mac running Parallels 12. Whenever I hold try to type "!" ( shift + 1 ) it only passes through 1. I have tried optimize keyboard for gaming and changed Send OS X system Shortcuts as always with no success.

The system is passing ! through normally to the OS, if I open any other app that is not running in parallels it works as it should

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

3. BrentG1

BrentG1 Bit poster

I have this exact same issue, have had it since I first installed Parallels. I can work around letters using caps lock, but I can not get things like colon, exclamation, etc. to work. I have tried the keyboard optimize for games, but it made no difference.

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello BrentG1, please check your keyboard layout for your Windows virtual machine from this article and see if this helps. Thanks!

5. BrentG1

BrentG1 Bit poster

Meena - thanks so much for your prompt reply. I have followed those steps, I did find such a keyboard profile and removed it, it made no difference. I restarted, and still no difference.

Thanks,

Brent.

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

7. BrentG1

BrentG1 Bit poster

Thanks again Mean for the follow up. Using the blog, I have fixed my issue. The change that did it for me was the OSX System Shortcuts - it was set to auto and I changed it to always.

Brent.

8. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @BrentG1, Glad to know it works, we are always here to help. Thanks

9. AntonyH

AntonyH Bit poster

I tried all of the above to no avail. Found a workaround: enabled sticky keys in my Windows VM that connects to the computer via RDC.