Shift Key not working in Remote Desktop after upgrade to 12

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by O-Robhartach, Oct 12, 2016.

1. O-Robhartach

O-Robhartach Junior Member

I have an issue where the SHIFT key does not work when using Remote Desktop in a Parallels Windows 10 session. It worked in version 11.

I have read a lot of the threads from version 10 when this also appeared and have tried those solutions, however, none of those work consistently. Also, in the version 10 issues, it appeared that it was only a problem with the first use of the SHIFT key and it was fine after that. In my case with version 12, it is an issue with not just the first use of the SHIFT key, but is an issue with all uses of the SHIFT key (note that the SHIFT key issue occurs about 75% of the time; there are times when it does not appear to be an issue).

I have found a workaround, if I press SHIFT+CONTROL, then it functions as a typical shift key. But this is not a long-term solution as it makes it very difficult to type.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and have you found a solution?

Mike

2. DanielE7

DanielE7 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Shift key works in Windows... but when connected to Remote Desktop it does not. I have not come up with a solution. Please fix, Parallels!

3. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hey guys,
    Please change the keyboard settings to "optimize for games" and check the behaviour.

OliverC2 likes this.
  4. O-Robhartach

O-Robhartach Junior Member

Thanks. It is already set to "optimize for games". Double-checking, though. Well, it got reset to "don't optimize for games", will try that. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. DanielE7

DanielE7 Bit poster

This worked for me. Thanks very much for your response!

6. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Sounds great! Feel free to reach us for further assistance, we're here to help you.

7. MarcelF2

MarcelF2 Bit poster

Hi Support,
    I recommend to add this information keyboard "optimize for games" as well in the link below as I found this link first and it did not help.
    http://kb.parallels.com/de/123130
    I use Parallels Version 11 and your hint solved the issue with the Shift key.

8. Ok, thank you. Will do.

9. Ras

Ras Bit poster

I have same problem. Even you said that "you ll do" , I can see you did not do it! So it means many people loose time even solution already offersd and accepted by users!
    I think upgrade price must be 1 euro with this irresponsibility