Shift Key Pastes from Clipboard

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GaryS13, Jun 15, 2018.

1. GaryS13

GaryS13 Bit poster

Hi All,
    I have had this rather strange behavior happening for awhile. When I am using Outlook in Windows, at some point and time I will be typing an email and when I got to capitalize a letter whatever is stored in the clipboard will be pasted in from just hitting the Shift key. Once it happens, I can continue to hit the shift key and it will continue to paste. Sometimes, when I finally do type a letter it is capitalized. To resolve this, all I have to do is go click back to the Mac OS, then come back into Outlook and all is well again for awhile.

I am running version 13.3.1, with Windows 10 1803, Office 365 version of Outlook. I just did a fresh install of Windows and Outlook because this was happening on W10 1709 and our Enterprise version of Outlook 2016 as well. I am not sure if it also happens in Word, going to try it next time it happens. Currently using an Apple keyboard, but it also happened on a Logitech as well. Has been going on for quite sometime.

No changes to the keyboard settings in Parallels, no custom shortcuts. Parallels tools are up to date.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Gary

2. GaryS13

GaryS13 Bit poster

Perplexed.

Still happens with clipboard sharing turned off between the Mac and PC.
    Confirmed that it happens across MS Office apps.
    Does not happen on my home PC or any other natively run PC. Only when I run it in Parallels (hence why I think that is the culprit).

Gary