Shortcut to Suspend a windows vm in full screen

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by theBastian, Dec 5, 2019.

1. theBastian

theBastian Bit poster

Hi,

I'm looking for a shortcut to suspend my vm. I could use the menu entry Action\Suspend but it takes too long.
    Anybody know the shortcut to do this with my keyboard?
    I don't want to close the vm with Command+Q.

Kind regards
    Sebastian

2. theBastian

theBastian Bit poster

Nobody knows the shortcut for suspend a vm? Or do I not know where I can found it? ;-)

3. Hi, you can pause Parallels Desktop with the MacOS app shortcuts. (System preferences -> Keyboard-> Shortcuts)
    But there is no special shortcut to suspend the vm

4. theBastian

theBastian Bit poster

But pause Parallels Desktop means all vm will be suspended. I use up to 4 vms at the same time and I only want to suspend the one in focus.

5. Got you, unfortunately Parallels Desktop hasn't such kind of shortcut, but as a workaround you can also use shortcut for close Window (from Parallels Desktop preferences -> Shortcuts ->Application shortcuts) and also change settings from VM configuration -> options -> startup and shut down -> suspend when Window close

6. theBastian

theBastian Bit poster

Thank you but I don't use the vm in a window. The vm is in fullscreen and with a Command + Q I close a window inside a vm.
    Or I disable to send shortcut into a vm but then I'll can't use any shortcut inside my vm. :-(