Should I just start over in building a VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jturn00, Jan 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. jturn00

jturn00 Junior Member

Hi,

I had a bootcamp partition that I have converted to boot on a USB drive AND also got it to boot for VMWare Fusion 12 (which is the pre ARM) version. I now have a new MBP M2 Max that I would like to run some older windows games on . I can't seem to get this VM to work. It won't convert using parallels and I don't see my external USB as an option to move it over to Parallels. I'm guessing that it is due to the x86 nature of the older VM. (Per the error when starting VM Fusion).

Should I just download and reinstall all the games and stuff? I was hoping to avoid that work but at this time, that seems like the best option.
    Thoughts?

2. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @jturn00, the Boot CampĀ® feature is currently not available on Mac computers with M-series chip. so, you could install the Windows 11 ARM OS which is only supported operating system in M-series Mac's with Parallels Desktop for Mac and please refer to this link to work with any third-party application/games in M-series with windows VM. Please feel free to revert for additional assistance. thanks.