Should I upgrade from 3-4 on Core Duo 2.16 2 GB?

ebernet

Product Expert
Hello all,
I have an original MacBook Pro, the 2.16 Core Duo (NOT Core 2 Duo) with support for the Max of 2 GB of RAM (and they are installed). Would I see any benefits going from 3 to 4 in this setup? I am running 10.5.6...
Thank you for help and advice
Eytan
 
The benefits of using more than one core, more RAM or 64 bit OSs don't apply to your case, but you can still benefit from better 3D support (OpenGL 2.0 and some DirectX 9 in Windows). If 3D is important to you then I would recommend PDM4.
 
Follow up question

So are you saying that improvements to the core code, hypervisor, etc. are marginal at best, and I would not benefit from it?
It sounds like I can skip this upgrade, as long as Parallels continues to make 3.x compatible with Apple updates...
Thank You
Eytan
 
Back
Top