Shutdown windows when Shutdown Mac doesn'work

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GabrielL1, May 30, 2017.

1. GabrielL1

GabrielL1 Junior Member

Hi,

I choose the option to shutdown windows when I shutdown mac but it doesn't work.
    If I shutdown my mac, PD say "are you sure to suspend windows as it is a bootcamp partition".
    It means that PD want to suspend windows instead of shutdown.

It strange because I choose also to shutdown windows when I close PD.
    In that case it works well, I clic on the red cross of the windows VM and PD send shutdown signal to windows.

Any idea?

Sierra and Windows 10 Creators (last version of PD).

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @GabrielL1 , please help us with the screen of the configuration page where you have set up "shutdown windows when shutdown mac " . We will check and help you out.

3. GabrielL1

GabrielL1 Junior Member

Please find 3 pictures below:
    Step 1 : VM configuration
    step1.png
    Step 2: Shutdown Mac:
    step2.png

Step 3: PD ask me if I want to suspend the VM instead of shutdown
    step3.png

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

While Windows is running, please quit Parallels Desktop by clicking on the Parallels icon in the Mac menu bar on the top of the screen (the one that looks like 2 red lines) and selecting 'Quit Parallels Desktop' from the drop-down menu. What happens now?

5. GabrielL1

GabrielL1 Junior Member

The same.
    But if I do the same from the VM (quit VM by clicking on the VM in the Mac menu bar on the top of the screen) it works.
    It is strange..

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please reproduce the issue (i.e., quit Parallels Desktop to have the VM suspend prompt appear on the screen) and generate a Problem Report ID (it's imperative that you do this when the VM suspend message is displayed on the screen) and reply with the Problem Report ID number.