PhilipTobias
Bit poster
Now that I've accumulated a number of virtual machines (Windows XP, 7, and 8), I am considering using the "snapshot" feature to speed up backups with Time Machine.
But I am also concerned about filling up my laptop's hard drive with lots of snapshots. Before I start down this path, and then have to fuss with merging or deleting snapshots, can someone give me a rough estimate of the file size for snapshots? For example, a couple of my virtual machines are about 30 GB in size - how big a file would each snapshot be?
Is there a percentage amount, like 2% or 5% or 10% of the original virtual machine, that I can use to estimate the size of snapshots? Or is there some fixed size?
Thanks in advance. ...pt
But I am also concerned about filling up my laptop's hard drive with lots of snapshots. Before I start down this path, and then have to fuss with merging or deleting snapshots, can someone give me a rough estimate of the file size for snapshots? For example, a couple of my virtual machines are about 30 GB in size - how big a file would each snapshot be?
Is there a percentage amount, like 2% or 5% or 10% of the original virtual machine, that I can use to estimate the size of snapshots? Or is there some fixed size?
Thanks in advance. ...pt